YouTube is an online public communication site. It is the world’s biggest video viewing online site. This site grant for all the registered users to upload and view the videos. The video can be of beginning video too the professional videos. It is calculated that they are one trillion videos in YouTube that is 140 videos for one person in world. Thus, the use of YouTube is very high among the internet climbers. Now we can link this YouTube with Google Chrome easily. Chrome, as we all know the most trusted and authentic browsing app developed by the Google.
Chrome is one of the most used internet browsers globally. So, in this article we are discussing about the managing of YouTube playback controls in this Chrome application. By this we can link YouTube and Chrome together. Actually linking playback tools a given by some of the third party applications but when it is given to a browser it will have a numerous uses. This is available for all the operating systems but need the latest version of Chrome. The latest chrome version is 77.0.3865.75 the upgraded version support this toolbar.
The new feature will be helpful for the users who like to listen to music or video in another tab while they work. It will come out as a handy feature, in fact. The tech site TechDows has even shared a screenshot of this feature to let us know how it looks like on the screen. According to the site, it’s “Global Media Controls UI” introduced in Canary version 77 and it can be enabled and seen from the toolbar.
So primarily, we have to upgrade our Chrome version to latest one. By this you can easily manage the YouTube playback controls without browsing YouTube that is, without switching to YouTube tab or site we can control it from the home toolbar.
We can pause, forward, backward, change and so on from this toolbar. Usually we all are using multiple purpose things in internet at a time. We may use social media, browsing, songs and so on simultaneously and this makes us busy doing works in other tabs. Chrome overlays media control for YouTube videos when media keys are pressed. But now these new Global Media Controls always stay on the screen when YouTube videos are playing; they don’t overlay nor do they require media keys usage.
Use of this toolbar is very large, that is;
- We can easily use multiple tabs at a glance of time without switching to each other simultaneously.
- Very easy to use the YouTube videos and all type of the music files.
- It is clearly applicable for all type of music and video streaming applications and online sites easily.
As we said we should be ensure that the Chrome is of its latest version, that can be find from the three dots in the Chrome file. This is the easiest way to find the version. Now you follow the instructions given below to manage the YouTube playback while you browsing another tab.
- Open the latest version of “Google Chrome” browser.
- Open a new tab and type “Chrome://flags”.
- This will show you numerous flag list, search for “Global Media Controls“.
- Click on it to get “Enabled“.
- “Relaunch” the Chrome browser which pops down the screen.
- After relaunching Chrome browser you can see a “Play icon” at the top right of the toll but this bar helps you to control YouTube videos.
- Now select a song from YouTube in a new tab.
- Switch to another tab and try to pause the video or change it, this will work clearly on the YouTube.
- Here the videos will be changed from one to another from the option we given in the toolbar of Chrome.
- Select the appropriate videos of songs and enjoy it.
Bottom Line –
It’s is one of great features in new chrome tab. Google is giving some juicy creations and updation for the global customers. But must note that the Canary version is the most unstable version and it contains bugs. In fact, as reported by many sites, after updating to the latest Canary version, the browser crashed several times.
So, you must be prepared for any kind of issue occurs after this update.If it is causing a problem, you can go back into chrome://flags and set it back to Default to disable it. The only drawback is that, It will not show you thumbnails of the video or song currently being played, as it does for YouTube.